How to create Google API key
Google PageSpeed Insights
Here are Google's own instructions for creating a key developers.google.com/speed/docs/insights/v4/first-app#APIKey or you can continue reading below for more detailed instructions with screenshots.
How to get an API key
You have to have a Google account.
- Navigate to https://code.google.com/apis/console and log in,
- Click the “Create Project” button or choose the existing project to generate the key from.
- Navigate to the API library console.developers.google.com/apis/library
- Use the search box to locate the PageSpeed Insights API and click it to continue.
- Enable the key
- Navigate to Credentials and click to create an API key or use an existing one if you have already set one up previously.
- Take the API key from your Google accountRecommended: You should restrict the key. This means you limit which websites (domains) you can use it.
- Paste this API Key into the Settings page and remember to enable the feature.
- Check in on the SEO Audit page. Remember to allow the plugin a little time to collect information and present details.